Wednesday, May 28, 2008

In With the NEW..

Soo... its official:) The tenth move is really happening..in only 2 more days!! We are all ecstatic!! Moving is the perfect opportunity to get rid of the things that cramp our closets and fill our drawers. I think the rule of thumb is that if you haven't worn it int the last 6 months...its time to recycle it.. If you are me, you try to find the prettiest clothes amidst the junk..and try to sell them! If you live here in the bay area, you probably know a little hidden gem that we like to call CROSSROADS....the words buy, sell and trade, always bring a smile to my face. I have been shopping at Crossroads since high school, and I am always so impressed by the things that I find. They will only buy clothes from you that are either a trendy brand name, have the original tags..are fashion forward and in season, or..are super vintage. I always try to sell my stuff there to justify buying myself something new. That last few times I have completely struck out, and didn't leave buying anything..but this time, I totally scored. My mom knows that I have been in a total fashion rut since I had Hayden..with just being between sizes, and just feeling I have nothing to wear. With all this packing, I pretty much separated half my existing clothes for goodwill...I was feeling the need to do a bit of "pruning" if you will, to my wardrobe. My mom and I celebrated a very belated mothers day by going to Crossroads and well, just going crazy. I found so many incredible finds..I was desperate for a few NEW splashes of color to my closets..here's what I brought home..compliments of "Mama D"..Thank you!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE all of these...I think I have worn flip flops every day for the last year..this will be a little party for me feet:)

So..I know last week I said I was going to make new hair clips with feathers...but I just didn't have time to make it to the crafts store, so instead, I decided to cut up, one of my old Holister jean skirts, an old striped maternity shirt..and the inside polka dot lining from the jean skirt, to make some new hair accessories. I used old clip on earrings from my Grandma Teresa for the jewels. I was given all her old jewelry when she passed away, and I try to use pieces here and there to remember her. She always had impeccable style:)

With all the NEW and pretty things to wear, I was feeling a bit antsy to change my hair. Since I know Jason would have a heart attack if I cut my hair short, I decided to compromise and cut some bangs...myself....with scrap booking scissors... they are so choppy..I keep telling myself that's the fad:) I always hate growing out bangs, that's why I never have them.. but they are fun..even if they are a bit crooked.
Its amazing how a few little changes for yourself can put a little spring in your step. Oh how I love being a girl..

No comments: