Friday, June 6, 2008

A Beckam Of My Own..



That David Beckam. He's all the rage these days. I can't decide if his charm is because he is a phenomenal soccer player, or because he is such a family guy..or both. OK or maybe because he is a little easy on the eyes:) but who notices that right?? :) Jason gets to see him play the San Jose Earthquakes next weekend. I'm so jealous..I can't go because I'm photographing a wedding that day. I think secretly Jason wants to go for the mere chance he might see that POSH little wife of his, Victoria, sporting her Jimmy Choo's in one of the luxury boxes. No, in all honesty, my husband has recently been involved in a love affair with soccer. Growing up he played practically every sport, and snowboarded and biked every mountain in America..but never played soccer. It wasn't until last year that he joined a soccer league with one of our dear friends Alex..and he has been in love with the sport ever since. Lets just say, that for his birthday this year, instead of making him a crazy cool card or album (like I do for every occasion in a calender year), I bought him an authentic Earthquakes Jersey..... Best $90. bucks I have ever spent on that boy, and was worth every penny when I saw the surprised look on his face when he opened it. It was like the kid in "The Christmas Story" opening the Red Ryder bb gun. It was that good. And I have to tell you, he looks pretty sexy wearing it..and that's coming from a girl who thinks that sports jerseys for fashion are ULTRA LAME. He changed my mind about that one really quick. (but for the record, you will never see me wearing anyones team jersey....that is reserved for wearing in high shool when you're dating a jock:)
Anyways...yesterday I got to actually WATCH Jason play soccer, uninterrupted, for the first time this whole year. I normally have both kids with me, so I am more fixated on making sure Kyla isn't running into the street, or stealing another players Gatorade. She was with Grandma this week, so Hayden and I got to Marvel at the athleticism of daddy:) I always hear stories about how he was a great athlete in High School and college, but never got to see it first hand. So it was so fun for me to sit back and watch him play, and just realize how talented he is. He is so cute playing soccer, because he just loves it so much. It makes me adore him that much more. A hot athlete, kickin butt on the field, giving his wife and baby kisses at halftime, who I get to take home with me at the end of the game?? Who needs a celebrity athlete to dream about at night..David Beckam WHO????

No comments: