Tuesday, May 6, 2008

xoxo, Gossip Girl...

Have you seen the show? Read the book? Me neither..until recently when my friend Tina forwarded a few pictures to me of a dress she saw on the show that she just had to have. She is graduating from Brooks Institute for photography in August, and wanted to wear this dress for her graduation.
Only problem is, the designer, Lorick..only made the dress for the show. Soo, I am going to try to re-create it for her.. I told her I haven't done a sewing project in like a year..but if it had simple lines and sturdy fabric..I'd be on board. So we went shopping for fabric and decided on doing it in some super soft denim that we found..figured it would be pretty timeless, and she could wear it with a number of things. I'm so excited to do it..I will keep pictures posted of the progress!

And P.S the show has a little more drama than I care to enjoy, however, the clothes are fabulous..I can appreciate trying to accesorize with a school uniform..takes me back to Jr. High days when I would get in trouble for wearing socks that were considered to be "too distracting" or thigh highs that screamed "MTV". I guess it was worth the time in detention for the sake of fashion:)

1 comment:

Tina Smith said...

YAY!! Cant wait to try on the first fitting!!