Thursday, July 31, 2008

Something Pretty for Alicia

It was my dear friend Alicia's birthday earlier this week...a perfect occasion to do something crafty. Of course, in my normal fashion, I waited until the last minute to do something so I figured hair clips would be the easiest to manage with me and my hot glue guns schedule. A quick trip to Beverly's Fabrics with a handful of feathers in one hand, and a piece of specialty paper in the other was all I needed..all the other trinkets I had at home. I wanted to make some unique-quirky accessories for Sheesa (as kyla used to call her) because she always has the most amazing clothes from Anthropologie and Banana Republic.. and better yet,she ALWAYS lets me borrow numerous amounts of articles from her closet and vintage jewelry collection , so I figured I would make a few little things, I might want to borrow in the future..aren't I smart??
This was a wooden flower that Jasons mom gave me that is made out of pine cones..add a few feathers and say goodbye to that boring pony tail..
This hair clip is made up of a bunch of vintage buttons and old broches that used to be my grandma Teresa's. (You will hear me mention her often..she was an incredible woman with impeccable style..) People always ask me why I give away her jewelry when I use it for cards and gifts like these...the truth is...I have sooo much of it..I've saved a ton of my favorites just for myself to keep..plus, I would rather share a little piece of her with family and friends..I think it's a great way to honor and remember her...so girls..don't throw away your cards and clips!!!
These last little clippies give a quick little punch to the side of your hair..and of course I chose these colors because Sheesha is the jewel tone QU-EEN!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love it!!!