Monday, December 29, 2008

the Holiday.

I know Christmas was so "4 days ago" but since my birthday was yesterday, everything between Christmas and today is kinda a holiday blur, today is my first day back to reality.It still feels like Christmas because most people don't take their lights down until mid January. Or..for the select few...they don't take their lights down until August...(we all know someone like that.) There is always something depressing about kickin your Christmas tree to the curb when the festivities are over. We usually wait until the New Year to do so, but our tree has been dead, well, pretty much since December 1st..so we stripped it of its paper chains and tiki lights on the 26th, and it has been sleeping amidst the gutter leaves ever since. Christmas always comes and goes so fast for me..the holidays are always crazy with the Photography business,rush orders, Christmas cards( which we have YET to do for ourselves:), trying to get pictures back in time for gifts..just CRAZINESS.Between that and finding time to wrap the toys without the kids knowledge, I'm always up til 3am on Christmas eve, trying to finish things up. Christmas was at our house again, as it has been for the last couple years..which is great, cuz I don't have to get out of my pajamas...ever. This was Hayden's first Christmas, which was cute..although he really just wanted to chew on all the wrapping paper..at 9 months he hasn't quite wrapped his head around gifts yet,..he was just excited to rock his new Christmas pj's and to mooch on sissy's new things. I'd like to take credit for the knockout smile on my little Ky Ky's face this Christmas morning... However, I would have to pass that award to the beloved Milton Bradley, for creating the game "Hungry Hungry Hippo's" which stole her heart. That's really all she asked Santa for....but her new princess bike was a close second to the hippo's. Her and and I can now do cardio together around the block:) Christmas was a great blend of family, ebelskeivers (a family breakfast tradition), and relaxation..as always. I have 2 days to come up with realistic resolutions. Hence the realistic:) We'll see..Hope your Christmas was Merry and Bright:)





The Grahambini Brothers and I..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you realize that Hayden looks like Toby from Labyrinth in those jammies, right?