Friday, December 12, 2008

D.I.Y Christmas Gifts..

Oh Martha Stewart...once a criminal, yet always a genius. The woman we love and envy above all others. The woman who gets paid millions to do crafts all day.  Poor Martha. I'm not bitter. It's Christmas time, I'm not allowed to be bitter. I'm turning my bitterness into gratefulness, because she has the greatest website ever. Considering that Christmas is only 13 days away, and I have YET to do any shopping, nor can I even think of what I would buy if I were brave enough to steer my car anywhere near the mall....I decided to ask myself the inevitable question..... The question that comes to mind for every domestic goddess on a budget. WHAT WOULD MARTHA DO? Thankfully, she had nearly 10,000 pages on Christmas. As I browsed through the gingerbread recipes, the million ways to wrap a present, and how to  Martha-ize your dinner table, I came across a couple "NO-DUH-DO-IT-YOURSELF" ideas for gifts..there were a ton, but here were a few faves, which I'm sure I had thought of subconsciously in some form, but I always appreciate a creative Muse like my dear Martha.

                                                    *Velvet ribbon belts* & Vintage tea cup candles*
                                             *Home baked goodies*    &  *Make your own blend coffee*
                                                *Home made bath Fizzies* &      Do it yourself  Lip balm*
                                                   * Home made Marshmallows     &    Cute boxes:)       
              It doesn't really matter what you give, if you wrap it pretty enough...plus, anything short of diamonds inside this gem of a box, will only be a let down. 

No comments: