Saturday, November 15, 2008

Daddy and Kyky Adventures...

This was one of those days that you wished the whole family could have been there... but sometimes a little Daddy-Daughter Day is just what the doctor ordered. After dropping Mommy and baby-boy of at the Airport we went to Milbrae so we could take b.a.r.t. aka loud train in to the city. This was Kyla's first ride on a real train and as you would probably guess she was a little excited. The train dropped us off on Mission and 16th, a part of San Francisco which I had never been before. I wanted to check out some of the shops in the Mission District but Kyla was not having it. Maybe that is something that Ashley and I can do on a Mommy-Daddy Day adventure! After a quick stop at a book store that I had read about on another blog, we were on our way to the CA Academy of Science. It was such a beautiful day outside that we decided to walk to the Museum so we could see all the cool stuff on the way. After about 100 yards Kyla decided she was tired and that I needed to carry her on my shoulders. So that is what I did off and on for the next 3 miles. Let me tell you that there was a lot more on than off, and don't forget this is San Francisco and there are not a whole lot of flat streets. After a quick bite to eat we finally reached our destination, and was it ever worth the journey. It would be safe to say that she saw some "cool stuff". If you have not been since it was redone I suggest to make a day trip and check it out, and make some extra time so you can walk around the park. It is a little bit of peace and quiet in a not so peaceful city. After another loud train ride and a quick nap on the car ride home, Kyla and I grabbed a slice of pizza and some banilla yogurt ( I meant to misspell vanilla because that is how Kyla says it) and took it home so we could relax, eat and watch icarly goes to Japan. It Was A Good Day!!




No comments: