Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday..

The day AFTER thanksgiving...a day to..
1.) Recover from food coma.
2.) Reflect on the time you had around the dinner table, realizing that     you truly do have the best family in the world.
3.) Be one of those people who gets up at 4am, doesn't shower, and waits in the dead of winter outside of their favorite department store, coffee in hand,shoes laced, anxiously waiting to knock down anything and everyone who stands in the way of them and their BIG SALE. It sounds revolutionary and awesome and all, but that is SO not me. I prefer to casually wake up at a decent hour, eat a few bites of leftover stuffing and pumpkin pie for breakfast...but I do love hearing the stories..YAY for the $5.00 you saved!!
We hosted Thanksgiving at our house this year...it was  a great motivation to clean, decorate, and shove things in closets (which is 90% of of what real "cleaning" is, right?) My dad cooked up an amazing menu yesterday..which YES, was as delectable as it sounds...I thought I would post the menu so you could all start scheming  for next year, on how you can end up at OUR table for Thanksgiving...Thank you Daddy, It's the meal that keeps on giving..

Maxwell House
 - 2009 Thanksgiving Menu

Appetizers
Joyful Corn Salsa w/Blue Corn chips
Harvest Polenta Bruschetta
Antipasto plate
Spicy Pumpkin Soup

Dinner
Spinach-Apple Salad with Maple-Bacon Vinaigrette
Cranberry-Mango Chutney
Butterscotch Baked Yams
Garlic-Asiago Mashed Potatoes
Artichoke-Parmesan Stuffing
Traditional Grandma T's Stuffing
Garlic- Rosemary Roasted Turkey with California Riesling Gravy
Honey Baked Ham
Baked Artisan Rolls

Dessert
Pumpkin Pie with Whipped Cream

I have some great pictures from the day, that I will post later...my coffee and pie is waiting:)

1 comment:

Joy Williams said...

Can Nate and I have Thanksgiving over at your house next year, please? :) That menu sounded AMAZING! So glad you had a good day, Bus...