Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Bittersweet Moment..


I usually NEVER blog in the middle of the day..I have major writers block:) But I am currently working on a wedding order for one of my brides, and I stumbled upon this picture again. Just a simple moment really, that inevitably happens at every wedding..but it just hit me like a ton of bricks THIS time I looked at it. The few short moments a bride has standing with her dad before she walks down the aisle. It's an intense moment that really can't be summed up in words.. It's your past, present, and future all in an arms grasp with your daddy:) This made me reflect alot about my own wedding...my mom and dad actually both walked me down the aisle..but I have this amazing picture of my dad and I standing beneath the trees at NESTLDOWN right before he gave me away to Jason..It's a black and white picture of us and he kind of kissing my forehead and holding my arm..it's priceless. I can't even imagine what that moment was like for him. His little Babushka who he watched grow up, ready to be wisked away by a cute boy...Jason and I talk to Kyla sometimes about how little girls grow up and fall and love, and get married, and we both get all emotional when it happens... because I know the time will go by so fast..."just stay lilttle" we keep telling her:) I'm sure that's what most dad's wish for their little ones, yet they are so proud of them when this moment of the wedding day comes. The most Bittersweet moment in a daddy's life:) I guess it is true that a pictures speaks a thousand words..

No comments: