Thursday, September 4, 2008

Something Pretty for Alison and Jen..

I went to L.A a few weekends ago for my crazy-amazing friend Alison's 40th birthday...Alison has known me since I was born, and helped raise me in the younger years..I only get to see her once or twice a year it seems, since she lives in L.A and is always traveling the world:) So it was sooo fun being able to be a part of her celebration, reflecting on "the big hair days" and everything in between.. As a part of her birthday gift, I took tons of photos at her party, and made her an awesome book from the night...pictured here is just the card that went with it..did I ever mention that I LOVE making cards??



Me and Sassy Al....
This next was a card I made for Alison's friend Jen ( who I can now call MY friend as well, YAY). Jen let us stay with her cute little fam in longbeach during the birthday weekend..it was so sweet of her to let us stay so last minute (Jason surprised me a few hours before we left for L.A..I didn't think I was going to be able to go..Thanks Jason..LOVE YOU!!!)..So Jen and her husband Andy made us feel right at home, and treated us like royalty..and Kyla had a ball playing with their oh-so-adorable son lance, who is 2... this was us at the party with our dessert spoons, which we had a funny story to go with it..kinda one of those "you had to be there things"...Anyways, I was feelin crafty, I always seem to say thanks with paper and bows....:)

2 comments:

Joy Williams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joy Williams said...

Hello my uber-creative one. :) I loved seeing the beauty you can construct out of the simplest of things.
I LOVE YOU! Loved seeing you, and thanks for letting me hold your sweet son all throughout our Santa Cruz lunch. That time was precious with you and him...