Thursday, August 28, 2008

Make room in the budget for.....

Starbucks. Everyday..without fail..or you will find me with a BIG headache.. If only I could be like Jason who has never had a sip of coffee, so he can easily pass on the occasion because he has never gotten addicted. IF ONLY. But I really can't express to you how much I love my everyday trips to get Starbucks...sometimes I make excuses to go run errands, or I offer to go mail something...not because I am a sweet wife.......because I want coffee:) :) If it is before 9am, my drink of choice is a soy chai. Just ask my mom, who still calls me every time she is bringing me coffee in the morning, "what do you feel like drinking this morning, my love" she says... I pause and pretend to think for a bit, just for amusement, when I know it will be the same every time. "Soy Chai mom"..can't go wrong with that:) But if it is after 10am, and it is tank top weather, my new drink of choice, which I am sooo in love with...is a vente iced coffee with 4 pumps of raspberry, with room for cream. SIMPLY DIVINE. Its more affordable in the long run...I've done the math...Kyla's drink of choice is 99% of the time a "NILLA MILK", as she calls it. I have instilled in her a daily desire for Starbucks. Sometimes its for the experience and to go read books, sometimes its for her milk, sometimes, it's just cuz mommy wants it for the second time that day..or because we like to see how many leftover drinks can stack up in the cup holders of the car before Jason makes fun of us. But really...there are some things I am just truly passionate about..coffee is among them. I hope that doesn't make me shallow:) Its almost spiritual for me:) Anyways, I hope whatever it is that you treat yourself to everyday, brings you as much joy as my iced-pink-confection of wonderfulness.

No comments: