Friday, January 23, 2009

Dear Anthropologie,


I drove by you in the rain tonight and I felt my heart skip a beat. The very thought of you bring gives me butterflies in my stomach and a frolic to my feet. Although there were 2 sheets of glass between us, my window and yours, I could still smell the warmth of wool-knit sweaters and tweed skirts galore. Why do you have to flaunt your dresses in the window as I pass by, when you know I simply can't come in tonight. If I only I could live between your 4 walls and and play dress up all day...I'd overcome my welcome, I'd surely want to stay. Oh, to be a blouse on one of your hangers, or a pillow on your shelf. I could burrow between intricate textiles and adorning embellishments to my hearts content. When I step foot through your doors I can barely breathe, for every silhouette is calling my name. I haven't a wallet that deep, or a closet that wide, to have all the dresses that I love and desire. Maybe someday my honey and I, can build us a place where our passions collide. A place to feel pretty in ribbons and lace, flowers, buttons, anything ornate. My very own wonderland of all things frilly, a place to call my own..is all I want, really. Until that day comes, I'll continue to visit, I'll try not to stalk you, but you're just too exquisite.

Yours Always,
Ashley

1 comment:

Joy Williams said...

I freakin' love you, Ash. :) Genius note to the store that keeps us always wanting, and hardly ever able to do any buying!